Over the years, I find setting goals help me see a clear path to my target I want to achieve. I dedicate time in December (usually after Christmas) to sit down and set my next year's personal goals.
Last year (2021) I had one goal related to pottery. It was to take one 6-week class at my local studio (fifth Street). Little did I know, by the end of 2021, I was going to the studio two hours a day, volunteer, and I also launched this ceramic website. I am extremely grateful for having the lovely community here to teach me and inspire me everyday.
So for next year, I have a few goals I set up.
First and foremost, these are the goals directly relate to my ceramic works:
- create 240 mugs (about 5 mugs a week)
- create 6 new routine sculptures of unusual imaginary animals (not unicorns)
- mix my own white & pink glaze
- throw a 5 lb clay and master larger clay body
- throw a 10 lb clay
- create 100 bowls
- take wheel III class with the studio
- track my pottery hours & expenses
Here are marketing/social media related goals:
- 5 Instagram posts a week
- make 12 ASMR YouTube videos (this is completely new, and I am not sure if I'll be able to pull this off)
- take a photography lesson about product photography / videos
- sell at 2 local events (makers market in the Spring and Fall)
- write 12 blogs (hooray, 11 to go!)
In my own bullet journal, I break each of these goals down to more achievable steps and check them off as I go.
Usually I do a 2-3 months check-in with myself to see how my goals are going, and rate the areas that I want to spend more time on to make it a balanced improvement. I'd love to hear what your pottery goals are for 2022, please share it in the comments or shoot me a message!